Dandruff Remedy for 100% Dandruff cure
What is Dandruff ?
Dandruff is a common skin condition that causes white or grey flakes of skin to appear on the scalp and in the hair – definition of dandruff. This article will guide you with a simple dandruff remedy which will cure the dandruff in ONE WASH.
Is dandruff harmful ?
The dry,white flakes of skin which we often found on shoulders after coming the hair are usually harmless. But if found in excess it can lead to hair-fall. Also, the dandruff which falls on the face and forehead can cause pimples or acne.
Having dandruff has nothing to do with hair, or how often you wash it. Instead, it’s about the skin on your scalp.
What causes Dandruff ?
Both dry and oily skin causes dandruff, but it is more difficult to get rid of the dandruff from the oily scalp.
Oily skin dandruff :
This can be caused by conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is marked by red and greasy skin that is covered in flaky white or yellow scales.
Dry skin Dandruff :
If you suffer from dry skin or have a medical condition such as eczema, it is likely that your scalp will also become dry, flaky and probably also very itchy. Flakes due to dry skin usually appear smaller and less oily.
Dry skin can be exacerbated in colder climates and during winter due to dry weather conditions.
Other reasons are :
- Air pollution
- Heat and dry air
- Alkaline shampoos
- Not shampooing the hair enough
- over styling
- Not eating properly
- Improper and irregular brushing of hair
The white flaky scalp and itching sensation that comes with dandruff is definitely not something you want. If you are suffering from dandruff, I have good news for you!
In this article, I have given the following remedy which will wipe out your dandruff in one wash. This is not only effective but also long lasting.
Dandruff can be easily combated with many home remedies. Let’s start!
Things you will need for dandruff remedy:
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 camphor
- tea tree essential oil (optional but worth using)
Method for the dandruff remedy:
- Peel and blend one orange. Extract the juice out of it using a strainer.
- Squeeze one lemon into it.
- Crush 2-3 camphor pieces into powder and add to it.
- Also, add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix everything well.
- Comb your hair properly to avoid tangles while application.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply the solution properly in each and every partition of the hair.
- Once applied properly, keep this onto your hair for 1 hour. ( This will make the dandruff to swell up )
- After an hour, massage your hair for 10 minutes gently. ( This will allow the swollen dandruff to loosen up which makes it easy to come off )
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo or anti dandruff shampoo with your head upside down ( for easy removal of the dandruff as a result of which it also does not settles on the face )
- And your done! Good bye dandruff!
Tips to avoid dandruff in future :
- Whenever you massage your scalp make sure you don’t scratch it with your finger nails as this will lead to more dandruff along with scalp infections.
- Make sure you use less hair styling products as it will make your scalp more dry leading to more dandruff. Similarly, minimize the use of hair mousse, hair spray etc.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water as a result of which it will rip out the natural oils from the scalp and make it dry and rough.
- Likewise, do not over oil your hair as it will also lead to dandruff.
- Make sure you do not exchange your comb with anyone and vice versa.
Do not over oil your hair as oil is the food of dandruff ( because basically dandruff which we see as small whites are actually fungus ) When you oil your hair, this fungus (dandruff) eats it and doubles in number.
Do try this fab remedy which will remove the dandruff in one wash. In conclusion, try this remedy always before washing your hair to avoid further dandruff especially in winters.