Red lipstick is undoubtedly the real deal, and a red pout is the quintessential sexy look. This irreplaceable item has been a staple in our makeup bags since time immemorial. A swipe of it can instantly glam you up, and yes, it’s also universally flattering. Even Rihanna and Taylor Swift can’t stop singing about red lips. If you believe in the power of red lipstick, you should know that the way it looks on you totally depends on how you apply it. Applying red lipstick is very important as each shade says something..
Before we began our tutorial there are some things to keep in mind to save yourself from a Red Lipstick disaster :
1) Finding your perfect red is the first hurdle. Did you know that the color red is split into various tone categories? For instance, true red, blue tone, and orange tone. Experiment with different shades to find your signature red.
HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR PERFECT RED LIPSTICK TO SUIT YOUR TONE :
Check Your Veins :
Push your sleeves up right now and look at the veins on the inside of your wrist. Are they blue or green? If they look more blue, you likely have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you’re warm. It’s worth noting, warm girls, that you’re veins aren’t actually green—they look it because you’re seeing them through yellow-toned skin (yellow + blue = green.)
2) Next comes finding the finish and formula you’re most comfortable with. You can choose between matte, glossy, sheer, cream, and liquid lipstick.
3) Before you begin, exfoliate your lips with a lip scrub or an old toothbrush for a smooth and flawless application. This also helps to prolong the longevity of your lipstick.
HOW TO MAKE NATURAL LIP SCRUB :
- Take 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp Olive oil or Coconut Oil, 1/2 tbsp Honey, few drops of Lemon juice.
- Mix it well, DIY Lip scrub is ready
- Apply this to your chapped lips and massage a bit with soft toothbrush.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR GLOSSY lipstick matte with this one simple trick..
- Apply any of the glossy lipsticks.
- Dab some face powder or translucent powder on it.
- Press the lips against each other so that the powder gets absorbed.
- This will make any of your lipsticks matte also, will increase the staying power of the lipstick
4) Don’t forget to apply a nourishing lip balm or a primer to moisturize your lips before you set out to apply your lipstick.
5) If you want to prevent your glossy lipstick from bleeding or feathering, use a lip pencil to line your lips before application.
6) If you are a beginner, we recommend a shade like “Russian Red” by M.A.C. It’s right in the middle of warm and cool tones, making it the perfect red for every skin tone. There are also maybelline lipsticks, loreal lipsticks, lipstick lakme etc.
Let us see the most perfect and easiest way to apply Red lipstick…
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL (WITH PICTURES) : HOW TO APPLY RED LIPSTICK PERFECTLY :
Here is the list of all the things that you will need for a perfect red pout :
1) lip balm/ vaseline
2) red lipstick
3) red lipstick pencil
4) lip brush ( for easy and perfect application, easily available at any cosmetic stores)
5) face powder or translucent powder
6) ear buds, tissue papers
STEP 1 : HYDRATE YOUR LIPS :
Apply some balm/vaseline on your lips or some natural DIY scrub (given above), preferably before you start doing your makeup, so it has enough time to get absorbed into your skin. If your lips are chapped or dry, gently exfoliate them with a natural scrubber shown above and then apply lip balm.
STEP 2 : BLOTTING :
With the help of a tissue paper,blot away the excess lip balm. Just dab in some face powder/ translucent powder to create a dry canvas for your lips.
STEP 3 : APPLY THE RED LIPSTICK
You can apply the lipstick directly but a lip brush works wonders as a painting tool. Take a lip brush , dab it into the lipstick and paint your lips. Lip Brush ensures that the lipstick doesnt spill out of your lips from the narrow edges ….
STEP 4 : USING A LIP LINER :
Use a lip liner preferably of your lipstick tone, and start applying from the middle towards the ends. Use a lip pencil in a shade that matches your red lipstick to define the edges and correct any unevenness or asymmetry on the lips. You can also use the pencil to slightly (yes, just slightly) overdraw the lips to make them look poutier and fuller.
Pro Tip: Don’t use a lip liner that’s significantly lighter than your lipstick unless you want to make your lips look smaller. Also, don’t use one that’s a lot darker than your lipstick, unless you’re going for an ombre look (in which case, you must remember to blend it out really, really well).
STEP 4 : BLOT YOUR LIPS :
Take a pieve of tissue paper and press them gently against your lips to blot it. these will take away any excess oils from your lips.
Again, apply a light layer of lipstick with a lip brush.
STEP 5 : INCREASE THE TIME WEAR
Take very little amount of face powder on your palm. With a finger just dab some powder on to the lips ( very gently, this will increase the wear of your lipstick and will prevent spreading )
Hope you know how to wear red lipstick or any other lipstick. Even if these steps seems very long, we promise,you will never get enough of it.
Read more : 5 Red lipsticks for Indian skin tone
Read more : Top 7 affordable Sunscreens in India
Read more : Best way to get rid of dark circles | 100% works