Everyone dreams of having long and thick hair but due to excess humidity in the air, we’ve all experienced a moment where our went all Hermione Granger. Jokes apart! Frizzy hair is a highly unfortunate thing, yet very common hair struggle amongst many girls.
What is Protein Treatment?
Protein treatment for hair is a temporary yet very effective solution for dry and frizzy hair. Keratin, a naturally occurring protein which is found in our hair is prone to damage after exposure to sun, wind, pollutants, chemicals, and humidity.
If you have been on this website from quite a long time then you must have noticed my urge to promote DIYs and organic products rather than costing you a bomb.
So, Let’s talk about natural protein treatment for hair:
- Avocado protein treatment
Avocados which are loaded with Vitamin E also contains fatty acids and proteins that repair, strengthen, and nourish damaged hair. You can prepare a protein treatment mask by simply mashing a couple of ripe avocados or mixing mashed avocados with mayonnaise. You can apply this Protein hair mask all over your hair and scalp to condition and nourish them. Leave this on for 1 -2 hour and wash it off with mild shampoo.
- Yogurt and Egg
We all have heard about the numerous benefits of eggs for Hair. Also, a dairy product such as yogurt contains proteins and lactic acid that cleanse your hair. You can prepare a protein conditioner by mixing an egg and some yogurt. Leave the mixture on your hair for about 30 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Coconut Oil, Almond milk and egg:
Another favourite Protein mask which doesn’t weight down your hair much. You just need 1 egg, half a cup almond milk and 2 spoons of coconut oil. Mix it well and apply for an hour before washing it off.
- Milk and honey mask
This mask is a two in one game-changer. This hair protein treatment at home is quite infamous but works great for brittle and damaged hair. All you need to mix 1 cup of milk with 3 spoons of honey. There is a myth that honey whitens the hair. Honey is actually food to the hair. Mix it thoroughly so that the honey doesn’t settle down at the bottom and apply well on your hair for 20 minutes before rinsing.
The benefits of Protein Treatment for Hair:
- Softens Hair – Protein treatment nourishes the hair deeply and softens your hair by removing the dead cells from your scalp and adding extra protein externally.
- Strengthens Strands – Protein treatment directly infuses hydrolyzed proteins into your hair follicles and hardens the cuticles, thereby strengthening your strands.
- Moisturize Your Hair – It helps in rid of the dead cells on your scalp and injecting proteins, protein treatment moisturizes your hair more effectively.
- Extra Body And Volume – Protein treatment makes your hair thicker, longer, and healthier.