Skincare routine is a daily ritual. One doesn’t simply get flawless skin overnight but keep in mind your daily skincare routine need not have to be of multiple steps (especially because of social media influencers pressure) involving too many skincare products. Just a few right steps in your morning skincare routine and night skincare routine and you are good to go. One such trending skincare topic is the double cleansing method. So let us check out is all the hype worth it or not.
What is Double Cleansing?
With the kind of environment we live in, which is full of pollution and smog, the pores of our skin need some serious deep cleansing regardless of you wearing makeup or not. As the name suggests, double cleansing is a two-step cleansing process that involves washing your face, first using an oil-based cleanser and followed by a water-based cleanser.
The first step in the double cleansing method involves oil-cleansing which helps to break down the sunscreen, makeup, sebum, and pollutants that get stuck inside the pores since you wear it for the entire day. If you are someone who relies on makeup remover, wet wipes or micellar water or anything as such, it breaks my heart, but that doesn’t work effectively.
Micellar water or makeup remover does remove the makeup but they are inefficient when it comes to deep cleanse the pores. Here, cleansing oil or cleansing balm comes into action and does a much better job.
The second step in the double cleansing process involves the cleansing with your regular face wash and you are done with the double cleansing method. Before I jump to the DIYs to make cleansing oils/cleansing balms and a quick tip to nail the process, let us first learn the benefits of the double cleansing method.
Benefits of double cleansing method:
- It is one of the best ways to add in your daily skincare ritual if you want your skincare products to permeate deep and work their best as this method clears up your pores from within.
- The double cleansing method also reduces acne and further breakouts as your skin are deeply cleared up every time restricting the bacteria, dirt, and grime to make a home in your pores.
- If you are an oily skin beauty, the double cleansing method also reduces redness, irritation, and inflammation caused by acne by loosening up the hardened sebum.
It does wonder for your skin when you do it at a specific time to reap the full benefits.
What is the right time to double cleanse?
The ideal time to double cleanse is when you get back home from work or before you hit the bed. It is good to double cleanse before your daytime skincare routine too, but if you are someone who is always in a hurry during the day, make sure you double cleanse at least before your night skincare routine.
How to make DIY cleansing oil:
You will need:
- Pure almond oil or Jojoba oil.
- Rosehip oil, Neem oil, Argan oil (ANY ONE)
- Preferably in a pump bottle, fill half bottle with your base oil (almond oil or jojoba oil). Mix 5-6 tbsp. of any one of the above oils. Mix well.
How to make DIY cleansing balm:
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. Shea butter
- 1 vitamin e capsule
- A few drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tbsp. Beeswax
- 3 tbsp. of sweet almond oil
- Mix everything in a bowl and microwave or heat it with the double boiling method. Transfer it into a container and let it cool down. Use as required.
What is the procedure of double cleansing?
- Take some cleansing oil in your palm and start massaging your face for 1-2 minutes gently. Concentrate on your eye makeup and lip makeup.
- After 1-2 minutes, take a wet muslin cloth (dipped in hot water), squeeze out the excess water and wipe off your face with it. Muslin cloth has a little texture which helps in exfoliation.
- Next, just rinse your face with water.
- Now, take some face wash on your fingertips and directly apply it on your face and start massaging gently for 60 seconds. The 60 seconds face wash rule is going to help you a lot to achieve clear skin. After exact 60 seconds, wash it off with normal water and you are done! It hardly takes 5 minutes to get that natural glow.
Buy from here:
- Neem oil: https://amzn.to/2SmCAb9
- Shea butter: https://amzn.to/2Q3hlrP or https://amzn.to/2PHwnVg or https://amzn.to/2Sb1pGP or https://amzn.to/2M9pUAn