A glowing face and a dark, tanned neck – definitely not a good combo! We pamper our face with regular facials and massage treatments at the salon. Nevertheless, we don’t get enough care enough of our neck. And, as a consequence, it gets dull and pigmented.
We tend to brush off our neck while cleansing our face. Over time, dirt and pollutants accumulate and damage the skin around your neck. And, even if you do rinse and scrub your neck, you might forget to moisturize. This results in dark spots, wrinkles, and other blemishes.
Taking charge of the skin on your neck is important. This article speaks about different methods you can use to get rid of the dark skin on your neck. Let’s first look at the main causes of a dark neck, and then dark neck treatment at home to protect and pamper it naturally.
What causes a dark neck ?
The first reason for a dark neck is poor hygiene. Other factors that contribute to this are:
- Vulnerability to the sunlight for long periods.
- Environmental pollutants.
- Chemicals in cosmetics or skin care products.
- Obesity and/or diabetes.
Now, that we know the causes of dark neck, let us find out the remedies to cure them.
This dark neck home remedy involves 4 step process as the following :
- Skin whitening pack
All the above steps require simple things available in the kitchen, which works well and are very safe.
#STEP 1 : CLEANSING
Thing you will need:
- Raw milk
- cotton ball or cotton pad
- Dip the cotton ball into the raw milk and dab it on the dark neck affected area. Cleansing you dark neck with raw milk helps to remove the dirt from the skin. Raw milk is the best natural cleanser.
- After applying the raw milk properly, start massaging in a circular motion for good 2-3 minutes to help loosen the nasty dirt.
- Once done, wipe off the neck area with a cotton fabric. You will see a visible difference just after applying the raw milk.
#STEP 2 : STEAMING
Things you will need:
- a bowl of hot water
- face towel
- Dip the face towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water from the towel.
- Place the towel on the neck and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
- This helps to open the pores hence better absorption of the skin whitening pack.
- Steaming helps in removing dirt and dead skin cells.
- Do the steaming process 2-3 times in a row till all the pores get open.
#STEP 3 : EXFOLIATION
Things you will need:
- Coarse grinded sugar
- Half cut lemon.
- Dip the lemon into the coarse ground sugar and rub it on the dark neck while squeezing out the lemon juice.
- Start massaging gently in circular motion for good 5 minutes.
- Exfoliation will help the dirt and dead skin which has been accumulated to loosen out thus decreasing the discolouration.
- Lemon and sugar are good exfoliants. They remove the top dead skin layer by revealing lighten and smooth skin.
- Once done massaging, clean the dark neck area with a wet towel.
#STEP 4 : SKIN LIGHTENING PACK
Things you will need :
- Gram flour or besan
- raw milk
- Mix 5 tbsp of gram flour with 3 tbsp of raw milk.
- Add 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice.
- This skin whitening pack can also be used on the face for tan removal etc.
- Mix well to get a smooth texture.
- Apply this skin lightening pack to the dark neck by using fingers or brush.
- After applying a thick layer evenly, leave it till it dries.
- Once dried, wet the neck area where the pack has been applied, with raw milk.
- Start massaging for good 5 minutes.
- All the ingredients in this pack help skin lightening. Gram flour or besan is an excellent exfoliator and bleaching agent which removes tan. Honey works as the best moisturiser.
- Clean the area with a wet cloth and then wash it. You will definitely see a visible difference in just one application.
NOTE: Depending upon the darkness of your skin you can do this whole procedure for 2-3 times a week, but do it alternate days.
- Make sure you wash your neck every time you rinse your face.
- Like you keep your facial skin hydrated and protected from the sun, the skin on your neck also deserves some love. Always apply moisturizer and a sunscreen with a good amount of SPF to the neck as well.
- Last, but not the least, do not wear street-bought chains or ornaments made of allergic metals on your neck as they can cause skin darkening.
I hope this article on home remedies for dark neck helps you. Please try and let us know about your comments in the section below.