Hot oil treatment is very crucial step towards the maintainance of your hair.Good hair care between haircuts helps you to maintain healthy texture and shine. While commercial hair-care products contain enriching ingredients that keep your hair looking good, treating yourself to a hot oil treatment with coconut, olive or jojoba oil will add that extra healthy glow to your hair. It’s easy, it’s fun.
From styling, coloring, heat, detangling, washing and much more, we put our hair through a lot. It is important to keep your natural hair looking and feeling its best, and it’s no secret that hot oil treatments are great for your hair. Hot oil treatments are not just for the colder months, you can benefit from a hot oil treatment all year round. Hot oil treatments are great for any hair type and are like a spa for your tresses. They help to strengthen and prevent dry, brittle hair and also split ends.
Hot oil treatments are also useful for helping to stimulate blood flow, as well as helping with hair growth, and they provide many benefits to help deal with common hair care and styling issues such as dandruff, dry scalp, frizziness, moisture and much more.
So let us move towards how to do the hot oil treatment to your hair
You will need for hot oil treatment :
- Coconut oil.
- Garlic cloves.
- Olive oil.
- Tea tree oil ( optional ).
I am using coconut oil and olive oil for this hot oil treatment. You can use any oil of your choice.
Method for hot oil treatment :
- Mix coconut oil,olive oil.
- Add garlic cloves and heat it until brown.
- Add few drops of tea tree oil ( this is optional ).
You can also use double boiling treatment.
How to apply the hot oil treatment :
- Wash your hair : Completely wet your hair if it is already not wet. The scalp should be clean. Basically, your hair should be damn.The same day you plan to do a hot oil treatment on your hair, wash it to ensure it is clean. Avoid using any hair care products at this time, such as mousses, gels or hairspray, as these may prevent the hot oil from penetrating the hair follicles.
- Massage : Apply this hot oil into the scalp and massage it lightly. Do not vigourously massage your scalp.Massage the oil into your scalp using fingertips dipped in the hot oil.Working your way from roots to ends, massage all the hot oil into your hair.
- Steam : Heat a towel with a hair dryer or clothes dryer. Wrap your hair with the towel and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Alternately, place hair under a clean shower cap, processing cap, or plastic bag and either sit under a heat cap or steamer for 15-20 minutes, or just allow your body heat to nourish your hair during the treatment.
- Wash and rinse : Wash and rinse the hair thoroughly as usual.
- Repeat this once in a month : This will protect your hair from protein loss, and keep it smooth, shiny, and beautiful.
Benefits of hot oil treatment :
HELPS TO MOISTURIZE DRY AND BRITTLE HAIR
Natural is prone to dryness, and no one wants dry and brittle hair in any season. So anything we can do to our hair to moisturize it is a plus. It’s best to do a hot oil treatment every week or every two weeks, depending on your preference. Hot oil treatments will help the oils to be deposited back into the hair and prevent dryness that can contribute to breakage.
HELPS WITH DRY SCALP AND DANDRUFF
Many naturalistas struggle with dry scalp and dandruff. Doing a hot oil treatment before you shampoo your hair can help prevent dandruff. The Mint Almond oil is infused with peppermint oil which is perfect for helping dry scalp and dandruff. Peppermint oil also has anti-inflammatory and also antiseptic properties. It helps to soothe itchy scalp and also helps to keep dandruff at bay. Peppermint oil also helps to absorb excess oils on the scalp, and helps to promote hair growth.
HELPS INCREASE BLOOD CIRCULATION TO YOUR SCALP
Hot oil treatments help to stimulate blood flow to your scalp. Massaging the oil into your scalp after applying it to your hair helps to invigorate growth and help increase blood circulation. There is nothing like a good scalp massage.
HELPS STRENGTHEN AND ADDS SHINE TO YOUR HAIR
After practicing hot oil treatments over time, you will begin to see the changes in your hair. Your hair will look and feel healthier, and you will notice more shine in your tresses.
HELPS TO PREVENT SPLIT ENDS AND FRIZZ
Hot oil treatments can help prevent frizz without weighing your hair down. They also help to seal the ends of your hair which in turn prevents split ends.
Please try this hot oil treatment once/twice in a month and experience new and good hairgrowth,less hairfall,soft and frizzfree hair. Do share your experience. Thankyou.
Read more : Grow your hair in one week | full proof method.