Hair mask are amazing especially when you peep into the kitchen for some natural stuffs for your hair.Hairgrowth is not something which will happen overnight. Proper and healthy hair growth requires time.Want to grow out a haircut you hate or try to achieve an ass-grazing length? Read on.
Here is one simple and easy DIY recipe to grow your hair long and strong. This hair mask should be applied before shampooing your hair. This hair mask will completely reduce ypur split ends and deeply condition your hair.
Lets do it.
Things you will need for hair mask :
- 1 aloe vera leaf.
- 1 tbsp castor oil.
- 1 tbsp glycerin.
- 1 tbsp rose water.
- 1 tbsp pure almond oil/ olive oil.
- 2 vitamin A capsules.
- 1 tbsp honey.
( NOTE : You can take aloevera gel according to the length of your hair, also if fresh aloe vera leaf is not available you can use the ready made aloe vera gel also )
How to prepare the hair mask :
- Remove the gel from the aloe vera leaf if you are not using the readymade aloe vera gel. Whisk it properly and make gel like consistency.
- Add all the ingredients listed above one by one.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and the hair growth mask is ready. ( You can grind the whole mixture to make a creamy paste).
How to apply the hair mask :
- Make sure your hair is tangle free.
- Apply the hair growth mask from the scalp to the roots in a section wise so all the hair is covered by the mask. Apply the hair growth mask gently. Do not pull with force.
- Make a bun of braid whatever you are comfortable and leave it for 2 hours.
- Wash it off with mild shampoo.
Some hair care tips :
1. Remember that it can’t grow overnight.
Unless your scalp unleashes new strands like a Chia Pet, gaining new length is going to take time. “Hair typically only grows about a quarter of an inch — to a half an inch max — a month,” says celebrity hair stylist Mark Townsend, who helped Ashley Olsen grow out her asymmetric bob to past her waist. “And that’s only if it is super-healthy and doesn’t have a ton of split ends.” The bottom line: Practice patience.
2. Use conditioner every time you shampoo.
If your hair is wet, that means you have to condition it, Over time, from coloring and heat styling, strands start to get thinner at the bottom.Conditioner helps replace the lipids and proteins inside the hair shaft, as well as seal the cuticle to help prevent more damage from happening so that you can get your hair to grow longer and look healthier.
3. And don’t shampoo every time you shower.
It’s shocking to me how many women skip conditioner when showering, which is the worst thing you can do for your hair — especially when you’re trying to grow it long — and it’s actually shampoo that you should be skipping as much as possible.Here’s why: The purpose of shampoo is to wash away dirt and product buildup, but it can also take essential natural oils that keep strands soft and healthy along with it. When you really do need shampoo, be gentler on your hair by only lathering up at your scalp and then simply letting the suds slide down strands, hitting the rest of the hair as the water rinses it away.
4. Do a cold-water rinse at the end of each shower.
This really does help to grow hair and keep long hair healthy for longer.Cold water lays down the outer layer of hair more smoothly, which helps prevent moisture loss, snags and heat damage — you only need to do it for a few seconds, but this one extra step over time can make a huge difference.
5. Apply an oil or mask treatment weekly.
Hair that touches your shoulders or beyond can be several years old and most likely needs more TLC than normal conditioner. We suggests using moisture-based masks and oils weekly. I make a natural oil treatment and give it to all of my clients to use pre-shampoo.
6. Brush your hair like it’s spun from gold.
Constant brushing can cause physical harm to your hair. When you detangle wet hair, be sure to start from the bottom and work your way up — we often instinctually go from the scalp down, but that just brings small tangles into one large knot and can cause you to lose a lot of hair. We also suggests reaching for the boar bristle brush, as boar bristle brushes are good at distributing your scalp’s natural oils down your hair and being extra-gentle on strands too.
7. Never, ever wrap your hair in a massive towel again.
What could be so bad about putting hair in your super-soft bath towel? A lot. It causes so much breakage. Your hair gets caught in all the woven fibers and since most women almost always wrap it too tight around their face, all those tiny, fragile strands around your face are more prone to break.Opt for the super-thin and soft microfiber hair towels instead,which are totally OK to wrap into a turban.
- Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny.It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
- Thanks to the high concentration of ricinoleic acid the castor oil is great for increasing circulation.
- Rose water has been said to stabilize your hair’s pH balance because it is nearer to that of hair and can aid in repairing hair’s damaged porosity. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and with its natural antiseptic properties it can reduce or lessen dandruff caused by fungal infections.
- Almond oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for hair like Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium. Using almond oil nourishes and strengthens your hair, and is optimal for treating hair loss and damaged hair. A few drops go a long way to add silkiness and shine & nourish the scalp.
- The humectant properties of honey help regulate and retain moisture in hair, plus honey is said to strengthen hair follicles for healthy growth. Honey is like food for the hair.
Cheers to Rapunzel hair in just few month. This hair growth hair mask will not only grow your hair long and strong but also reduces your hair fall. Do try this hair growth mask and tell us your experience.