Cracked heels are one of the common foot problems especially in winter season. This can occur in both adults and children however a survey has found out that cracked heels are more commonly found in women than in men.
For some people, Cracked heels is not a serious problem. But if left unattended for a long time, cracked heels can worsen the situation by getting deep and bleed which can be very painful.
What causes cracked heels?
Cracked heels are generally due to dryness which is ultimately caused because of insufficient moisture. These cracks can become sore and may even bleed.
What are the reasons behind having cracked heels ?
- Cold winter weather.
- Dehydration i.e. not drinking enough water.
- Not moisturizing your feet.
- Soaking in a hot bath for too long or too frequently
- Using harsh, drying soaps on your feet
- Having diabetes.
Here, we are sharing with you one of the most effective way to get rid of the cracked heels. Forget about cracked heels creams and other fancy products to treat them. This amazing home remedy will treat them for sure.
Things you will need :
- Warm water.
- Any shampoo.
- 4-5 candles (wax).
- 2 Vitamin E capsules.
- 4 tbsp mustard oil.
- Pumice stone or any hard brush ( for scrapping the dead skin) or loofah.
- Any steel bowl.
Making of the Pack :
- Take any old steel bowl.
- Cut the 4-5 candle pieces with the help of a knife.
- Add the candle pieces to the steel bowl along that cut & pour 2 vitamin capsules.
- Add 4 tbsp of mustard oil to it.
- If you have microwave, great! Heat the pack till the candle melts in the microwave.
- Put a flat tawa or pan on the gas or induction and melt the above pack to avoid burning.
- Our Cracked heels pack is ready.
Cleansing process :
- Take some warm water in a bucket ( enough for dipping your both the feet).
- Add 2 big tbsp of any shampoo.
- Squeeze in 1 big lemon into it. Once done squeezing the lemon juice, put the squeezed lemon into it as it is.
- Mix everything well till it gets foamy.
- Dip in your legs and relax for 10 minutes. This will help the dry dead skin cells to soften which makes it easy to remove.
- After 10 minutes, scrub your feet with a pumice stone or hard brush or a loofah ( easily available at cheap rates in any general stores ). Make sure you remove maximum dead skin without being too harsh.
- Rub your feet with that sueezed lemon also.
- After all the cleansing process, rinse your feet with cold/normal water.
- Pat it dry with a towel and you are good to go to apply the above pack.
Application of cracked heels pack :
- You will need cotton pads or cotton balls for the application of the pack.
- Make sure you apply the pack when warm.
- Apply this pack on your cracked heels, ankles, on whole foot palm (foot sole).
- Wrap your feet with a food wrap or polythene bag to avoid stains.
- Once done wrapping, wear socks and leave overnight.
- Remove the pack the next day and wash your feet with normal water.
- You will wake up with amazing feet.
NOTE TO AVOID CRACKED HEELS :
- Make sure you make the cracked heels pack after the cleansing process as it might get hard due to the candles and you have to re-heat it.
- This remedy works amazingly well but to get silky smooth feet you have to do this thrice in 15 days.
- Also, moisture your feet daily if you have dry skin.
- Wear socks daily while stepping out as dirt gets collected into the cracked heels and worsen the situation.
- Avoid extreme hot shower baths or Stop spending a lot of time in water.
The above cracked heels remedy will give you great results within a single use.
Do try and let us know in the comments below and have happy feet..!
Also Read : Greasy Hair And Split Ends Ultimate Remedy