We have known about the dangers of the sun, but did you know skin cancer is the most common and dangerous effect on our body by the sun. Summer season arrives and we all rush to the nearest medical store to grab a sunscreen lotion. However, applying sunscreen should be a regular habit irrespective of summer.
Why You Should Wear Sunscreen?
· It provided a shield against harmful UV Rays.
· Prevents premature aging of the skin like fine lines in your late 30s.
· Lowers the risks of Skin Cancer.
· Lowers Blotchiness on the face.
· It prevents sunburns.
· Prevents tanning and dark spots.
· Enhances the health of the Skin.
· Also, Sunscreen offers better protection than a full sleeve dress.
How to Use a Sunscreen?
There are a few tips that you need to keep in mind while picking up the best sunscreen and how to use it every day:
1. Always read the ingredient list and ensure that your sunscreen contains the following:
- Titanium dioxide
- Octyl methoxycinnamate (OMC)
- Avobenzone (also parsol)
- Zinc oxide
2. Always choose for a broad spectrum sunscreen gel that is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Such sun creams will shield you from UVA/UVB rays while safeguarding you from rashes, clogged pores, acne, and sunburns.
3. Choose a waterproof sunscreen that comes with a minimum SPF of 30.
4. Always apply sunscreen a minimum of 15 minutes before you step out.
Below is the best sunscreen in India that is broad-spectrum sunscreen which means it will protect your skin from UVA/UVB sunscreen.
Also, they are non-greasy, non-oily, non-sticky, noncomedogenic (i.e. will not give you acne or pimple problems)
- La Shield IR Sunscreen gel, broad-spectrum UVA/UVB, Sun protection, de-tan and anti-aging:
The gel is suitable for normal to oily and even sensitive skin types. It is sweat and water-resistant and one of the best sunscreen for oily skin. It has a smooth texture and gets absorbed by the skin very quickly. It has light refreshing fragrance, unlike any medicine despite being dermatologically tested.
- Greenberry organics SPF 40 Sunscreen spray lotion:
This is neither gel nor cream, but a spray lotion which has a texture similar to ‘buttermilk’. It has a smooth texture and gets absorbed by the skin very very quickly. Again a great non-greasy, non-oily, non-sticky, noncomedogenic sunscreen which doesn’t even feel on the skin. It is enriched with the goodness of aloe vera and extracts of kiwi which keeps your skin hydrated despite being a non-greasy sunscreen. It is one of the best sunscreens for dry skin.
Rating: 4.9 /5
- REGALIZ Solasafe silicon sunscreen
Another great non-greasy, non-oily, non-sticky, noncomedogenic sunscreen which does not cause acne or pimples and just a peanut size is enough to cover your skin. It has a smooth texture and pleasant aroma and absorbed very quickly. It is enriched with vitamin C and E and has skin brightening properties, anti-aging properties. One tube goes for more than 4 months. Good Deal?
Rating: 4.95 /5
- REGALIZ Truderma sunscreen gel
It has all the properties of the above sunscreen gel along with additional anti-aging properties that even treat fine lines and wrinkles. This sunscreen gel can be used as a makeup base or primer. Little pricy but one of the best sunscreens.
Price: 630 – 700
Rating: 5 /5