Finding the best face wash for oily skin is always a trouble, at least for me! I have struggled all my teenage life in finding a face wash for my oily acne prone skin until I stumbled upon a few of these which I am going to share with you all.
The thumb rule of flawless and glowing skin is CLEANSING – TONING – MOISTURIZING but when it comes to oily skin, you need to be choosier as a skin care product might make you or break you terribly. Protecting your skin barrier is one of the most important things to avoid redness, inflammation, itchiness or acne, this is why choosing a face wash that is best for oily skin is very important.
A gel-based face wash suits well for the oily skin rather than a foaming face wash. You have to look for something that won’t disrupt your pH balance, control oiliness without drying the skin as most of the face wash that is available in the India for oily skin over-dry the skin. Over drying the skin means you are allowing the pores to create more oil/sebum to balance the pH and hence then breakouts due to pore clogging.
Here, I have listed the best face wash for oily skin that will help you with clear skin in no time.
1. Centella Face wash from Suganda.co
This face wash from a very renowned Organic Indian skin care brand Suganda.co tops the list of the natural face wash for oily skin because of the amazing blend of ingredients in it. The key ingredients of this face wash are Centella Asiatica, Green Tea, and Panthenol. The face wash comes in a plastic bottle with a pump. It is a mild face wash with a brownish colour and the best part about this face wash is that it doesn’t dry out your skin at all. Your skin won’t feel stretched after a good cleansing. With a pH of 5-6, this is one of the top facewash for oily skin.
- Travel-Friendly Packaging.
- Ingredients are not at all harsh on your skin.
- Hydrating face wash.
- It helps with soothing the active acne.
- It doesn’t cause any breakouts.
- Improves skin texture.
- It doesn’t disrupt the skin barrier.
2. Plum Green Tea Face wash
You know that Green Tea is such a fantastic ingredient when it comes to oily and acne-prone skin care routine. A few months ago, I tried a few products of green tea range from plum goodness along with their green tea face wash to check whether it was worth the hype. And I was amazed at the results. The green tea face wash is specially designed for oily and acne prone skin. This Holy Grail product saves you from a lot of breakouts, trust me! If you have congested skin and pore clogging issues, this face wash is going to save your life. This is really the best face wash at a budget.
- Non-drying formula
- SLS free
- It has soft exfoliating cellulose scrub beads that do not disrupt the skin barrier.
- It has glycolic acid which is an amazing exfoliator
- Reduces breakouts and clears skin
- Travel Friendly packaging
- It may not suit if your skin is extremely sensitive to even fine heads.
3. Low ph Cleanser from Cosrx
If you are someone who gets driven with the Korean Skin care then this face wash will excite you. A cleanser should comprise of two qualities: Low pH and free from sulphates. Well, this is a combination of both and you’re oily and acne prone skin is going to love this face wash, trust me! It also contains Saccharomyces Ferment that is responsible for the brightening glow on the face. You will notice this after overtime use.
- SLS free
- SLES free
- Low pH
- This face wash suits all skin types but works best for oily skin
- Doesn’t strip off the natural moisture of the skin
4. The Bodyshop tea tree cleanser
The body shop tea tree skin clearing face wash is a gel-based cleanser that is just appropriate for oily skin type. Since it has tea tree oil it helps with eliminating the acne causing bacteria without being too harsh on the skin. It easily removes oil and impurities without drying your skin. It mainly targets acne and blemishes keeping your skin cool and maintains healthy clear skin.
- The very refreshing and cooling effect after each wash
- Controls breakouts
- Clears Blemishes
- Reduces oiliness and shine without disrupting the skin barrier
- Deeply cleanses the pores.
5. Neutrogena deep clean cleanser
Another best face wash that I loved using which is only for oily and acne prone skin. If you have super oily skin, this will work beautifully for your skin and help to remove the oil, dirt, and grime away without being harsh. This face wash also contains salicylic acid which is a boon for oily skin. If you have combination skin, I would suggest you not to use this face wash as it is on the drier side.
- Amazing face wash for oily to very oily skin which is acne prone
- Alcohol and oil-free formulation
- Has salicylic acid
- Removes oil effectively and softens the skin
- Very refreshing feel after every wash
- Not good for harsh winters and dry weather
6. Aroma Magic neem and tea tree face wash
Aroma Magic neem and tea tree face wash are amongst those which are very affordable yet very effective. With the goodness of neem and tea tree, this face wash sums up for a great deal for oily skinned beauties. Though, this face wash doesn’t lather up much but manages to clean your skin very well. It is one of the best options to consider for oily and acne-prone skin as it has the power to control your breakouts to a large extent.
- Controls breakouts and reduces active acne
- Removes oiliness and shine and controls it.
- Soothes irritation and itchiness.
- One of the best face wash for oily skin at an affordable price.
7. Mamaearth tea tree face wash
Tea tree oil is a saviour for oily skin. Therefore, it is one of the main ingredients in skincare products that are meant for oily and acne-prone skin. This is one of the best natural face wash available for oily skin which is free from all the harsh chemicals and preservatives. It beautifully removes the dirt and grime, also eliminates the acne-causing bacteria which means no further breakouts. It also has the goodness of aloe vera gel and glycerin that won’t dry out your skin.
- Controls acne and breakouts
- Removes excess oil without drying the skin
- Dermatologically tested and certified toxin-free
- Antibacterial formula
- Not for dry skin acne
Which mistake is making your skin oilier?
The very common Mistake that every oily skin person does it trying to get rid of oily skin. You cannot get rid of your skin type. Most people wash their faces like 5-6 times a day to get rid of the oil but what oily skin does is create more oil to balance the pH level eventually creating more blackheads, clogged pores, and acne. The above-mentioned face washes are ideal for oily skin type since it is very important to select a face wash that is meant for oily skin which should be gel-based because it will help you get rid of the oil and shine without drying your skin.
Please feel free to ask any questions below. Always there to help!