Ayurvedic or Ayurveda is a system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent.
Hair fall sucks. We’ve all had to deal with it at some point. And with chunks of hair falling out, it is hard not to stress out, which causes more hair loss. It’s a vicious cycle and one that seems never-ending. But you’ll be happy to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and ayurvedic remedies can help you get to that light sooner.
Ayurvedic treatments are a popular choice among many women for hair loss because they incorporate natural ingredients and have been an effective cure for hair fall since ancient times.
What is Ayurveda for hair loss.?
Ayurvedic research on hair growth is extensive and well structured which makes it easy for practitioners to pinpoint the cause of hair fall and treat it accordingly. According to Ayurveda, hair type is directly related to body type and is systematically classified into three categories; Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Each hair type has distinct features, and hence there are multiple reasons for hair loss which vary from person to person.
Hair loss is caused because of pitta dosha. Pitta governs our metabolism and digestion. A balanced Pitta leads to a healthy body and mind. It controls our general well being. Once you identify the reasons for pitta dosha, it becomes easier to correct it. Typically, bad eating habits, anxiety, and stress cause pitta dosha, which in turn leads to hair loss. Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, fried and spicy food can cause an imbalance in pitta.
Apart from Pitta Dosha, other reasons for hair loss according to Ayurveda are hormonal imbalances in men and women, stress, lack of sleep, improper diet, intoxicating substances, dandruff or fungal infections and diseases like lupus or diabetes amongst others. Ayurvedic hair regrowth solutions address these core issues promoting hair regrowth.
Ayurveda addresses 3 key concepts of care during the treatment, namely; Nidana (diagnostic measures), Ahar (food that can be used as preventive medicine) and Chikitsa (support and self-care). Let’s check how to make best oil for hair loss.
So let us see how to make this simple and superbly effective ayurvedic remedy.
Things you will need for this ayurvedic remedy:
- 5-6 betel leaves (paan ke patte).
- 20-25 hibiscus leaves. ( Take small leaves ).
- 1 bowl of curry leaves.
- 200 ml coconut oil.
How to prepare this ayurvedic betel oil :
- Pour all the 200ml oil in a pan.
- Heat it.
- Tear the all the betel leaves, hibiscus leaves and curry leaves into small pieces.
- Add these small pieces of leaves to the hot oil. Make sure the oil doesn’t spill on you while you put the leaves.
- Heat the entire mixture of oil till the leaves turn black or dark. It will hardly take 5-10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Strain and transfer the oil into a container/bottle for easy application.
- This oil stays good for 4-5 months in room temperature.
How to apply the ayurvedic betel oil:
- Apply this ayurvedic hair oil all over your scalp and massage it properly.
- Apply the ayurvedic betel only on the scalp.
- Use this oil twice or thrice a week.
- After applying this ayurvedic betel oil on the scalp, leave for 2-3 hours and wash it off as usual. For best results, keep overnight.
Benefits of using this ayurvedic betel oil :
- Ayurveda has confirmed the use of betel leaves to curb the hair fall issues and grows new hair.
- Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants that moisturize the scalp while getting rid of dead hair follicles. They are a good source of proteins and beta-carotene, both of which prevent hair loss and thinning. The leaves are also rich in amino acids that help strengthen follicles and keep them healthy.
- Hibiscus is rich in amino acids that nourish your hair, strengthen your roots, and keep your locks lustrous and healthy.
- The flower and leaves stimulate hair regrowth from dormant follicles and bald patches. This helps thicken your hair and add volume. It also helps condition your hair, preventing dryness, frizz, and breakage. It helps you treat issues of the scalp, such as itchiness and dandruff. Hibiscus leaves help to prevent split ends by keeping your hair strong, nourished, and hydrated.
Apply this fast hair growth oil twice or thrice a week and see the results. Please tell me about your experience and results in the comment section below.