What is Argan oil?
Argan oil is a plant oil that is extracted from the kernels (fruit) of the Argan tree which are available only in Morocco. Even though the Argan tree is only found in Morocco, its benefits for ski ad hair are famous worldwide.
Why are the benefits of Argan Oil?
Organic Argan Oil is said to be the most expensive oils and is even termed as ‘liquid gold’ due to its numerous benefits for skin and hair. Argan oil has a high composition of essential fatty & plant sterols without clogging the pores.
The other important Argan Oil benefits are:
- It works as an amazing moisturizer for dry skin.
- Argan oil is suitable for oily skin as well because it is noncomedogenic i.e. it won’t clog pores.
- It also repairs skin damage like acne scars, dull skin.
- Argan Oil prevents stretch marks.
- It is very rich in vitamin E that penetrates deep into the skin and boosts the production of collagen for youthful-looking skin.
- Argan oil has anti-aging properties thus helps to reduce the signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, etc.
- The fatty acids present in Argan oil are helping to reduce redness of the skin, eliminates acne-causing bacteria, and prevents further breakouts as well.
How to identify pure Argan Oil?
The following are the ways to identify Pure Organic Argan Oil
- The price of Argan oil is high. For eg: 3$ – 4$ for 10-15ml. (So anything cheaper than that is some adulterated version)
- Argan oil has a silky smooth texture. It is a non-greasy oil and gets absorbed in the skin quickly.
- The bottle of the Argan oil will always have some residues of the product even if it is refined.
- The color of the Argan oil is golden yellow or light yellow.
- Argan oil has a slightly nutty aroma.
- The oil always comes in a translucent dark bottle and not in light transparent oil.
Argan oil for hair:
Benefits of argan oil for hair:
- It nourishes scalp
- Argan oil treats dry hair
- It fights hair fall
- Protects from sun damage
- Argan oil can be applied as a leave-in conditioner too
How to use argan oil for hair?
- Argan oil and coconut oil hair mask:
Warm 2 tbsp. coconut oil with 10-12 drops of argan oil. Mix well and apply to the scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it off using a mild shampoo.
- Argan oil hair mask:
Take a good amount of oil and apply it to the scalp only and leave overnight. Wash it well ext day.
- Coconut Milk hair mask:
Take 50 ml of coconut milk. Add 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 10-12 drops of argan oil to it. Mix well and apply to the hair, if you have extremely dry and frizzy hair you can add 2 vitamin e capsules to it. Wash after 2 hours or leave it overnight.
How to use argan oil for skin?
In this trend of facial oils, you can use argan oil as a facial oil to moisturize the skin, reduces the signs of aging, repair skin cells and boost collagen. As the comedogenic ratio of this oil is 0, it absolutely won’t clog pores. Hence, argan oil can be used inculcated in oily skincare routine too.
Best argan oil available:
- StBotanica Organic Pure Argan Oil
2. Rouh Essentials Moroccan Argan Oil, Pure and Organic
3. Sheer Veda Moroccan Argan Oil For Hair, Skin and Body. Organic and Cold Pressed Argan Oil
4. Nature’s Tattva Certified Organic Cold Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil